Snapchat and Twitter

In class we did the Com Tech Timeline Challenge which included technological advances that greatly impacted communication but excluded some heavy hitters because it ended at 2007. Some of those heavy hitters being Snapchat and Twitter.  

First is Twitter, I think the reason that this app blew up is because of the ease of access to information. Celebrities and major companies have twitter accounts and the great thing about the website is that people can talk directly to these big celebrities and big companies. And it works the other way around, celebs and companies can get instant feedback from people on twitter. I remember being hesitant to join because of the fact that anyone could have access to my tweets or to me and the implications that come from that. Now it is probably the most used app on my phone. 

Next is Snapchat, I remember this app being in the news when it first came out and people were very skeptical of it. The idea of taking a picture and having it disappear made it hard for some people to hop on board, me included. They say that they aren't keeping the photos anywhere, but we just never know. And it was the fact that people would send explicit photos and videos and could possibly end up in the hands of people with bad intentions. I only downloaded the app because of peer pressure and it’s never really been a favorite of mine, but my friends like to use it and it has always been a good way to keep up with them. I don’t use it that much just because I am more of a private person and don’t really like to put my business out there like that. Today I still use Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram but not really to share things, mainly for entertainment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Consolidation

Gatekeeping

Esports player given prize money back after Hong Kong statements